Austin Pool Prices – Costs to Consider
No doubt about it – inground pools are expensive. Inground pool prices can range from $25k to $60k+ for the initial installation, plus the cost of maintaining the pool over its lifetime. Depending on factors such as the size and shape of the pool, and the accessories and functions you want to get, the final total cost can vary widely. Some of these factors are listed below for your reference.
- The size and shape of your pool (rectangle, kidney, oval, etc., or custom – generally the more complicated the shape and the bigger the pool, the more expensive the pool)
- How labor-intensive the installation is (this varies from pool to pool, depending on design and materials)
- Pool interior material (e.g. fiberglass, vinyl, concrete, pebble)
- Pool liner material (e.g. concrete, brick, stone)
- Type of pool deck (e.g. concrete, brick, wood, stone)
- Type of stairs (different designs and materials)
- Type / brand of pool pump and filter
Also, there are certain accessories you can choose to get, that would be nice additions to your pool but will of course elevate the cost. Some of them are:
- Diving board, slide, and/or poolside spa (for fun)
- Control system to remotely control temperature, water level, lighting, filtering, etc. (for convenience)
- Automatic pool cleaner and chlorinator (to save a lot of time on your part)
- Pool heater (for comfort)
- Underwater lighting (for visibility and aesthetics)
- Fence around the pool (for privacy)
- Pool cover (for cleanliness and safety) and whether or not it is automatic (for convenience)
As you can see, the final cost of installing an inground pool isn’t easy to determine. The easiest approach would be to first decide which of the above-listed options are “important to have”, and which ones are just “nice to have”. Then you can submit that list to a swimming pool builder and ask for a quote.
Inground Pool Prices in Austin
After deciding what you want your inground pool to include, you are ready to ask for quotes from swimming pool builders in your area. For comprehensive information on how to buy a swimming pool, I strongly suggest that you check out this site:
While you’re negotiating with your swimming pool builder, here are some points to keep in mind:
- Ask for a complete invoice with all the costs before paying your deposit. This will minimize the likelihood of surprise expenses later.
- Ask for warranties on every single component and accessory (pump, heater, etc.) whenever available – these will come in handy a few years down the road.
- To guard against delays in installation, don’t pay in full before the job is finished, if possible.
For your information, below are summaries of the pros and cons of both the inground pool and the above ground pool.
Inground Pool – Pros:
- Increases the value of your home if you ever want to sell it.
- Looks much better (more extravagant) than the above ground pool.
- More durable and therefore lasts longer than the above ground pool.
- Typically bigger and deeper than above ground pools, and has both a shallow and a deep end instead of uniform depth throughout.
- More flexibility in design and customization.
Inground Pool – Cons:
- Fairly expensive – even if you go with an inground swimming pool kit
- Longer installation time and higher labor costs
- Not portable – can’t take it with you when you move
- Costs more to maintain – both in dollars and in terms of time
Above Ground Pool – Pros:
- Typically a lot cheaper than the in-ground pool
- Easy to install (you can assemble it on your own, or hire someone to do it for much less compared to an inground pool)
- Costs less money and work to maintain than for the inground pool
- Portable – you can take it with you when you move (or sell it)
- Lots of sizes, shapes and colors to choose from
Above Ground Pool – Cons:
- Can’t accommodate slides
- Not deep enough to dive into (usually only 48″ or 52″ high)
- Depth is uniform throughout the pool
- Usually not as durable as the inground pool, and doesn’t last nearly as long
- Doesn’t look as grand as the inground pool
The high cost of installing and maintaining a pool is the unpleasant part. However, don’t forget the reasons why you wanted to get a pool in the first place. Having your own pool can be a lot of fun not only for your kids, but for you and your spouse as well, and even for your aging parents. Also, swimming is a great way to stay in shape and is one of the most gentle forms of exercise there is, for kids and seniors alike. Moreover, if you should ever decide to sell your house, having an inground pool in the backyard means you can sell for a higher price. In a way, by getting an inground pool you’re investing in the value of your home.
Austin Pool Companies Contents Quality and unsurpassed Their 6 and prescreened and customer-rated the highest quality pool cleaning Public Pools San Antonio Contents Prescreened and customer-rated Party seating
Average Cost of a Swimming Pool in Texas The average cost of an inground pool in Texas is approximately $25,000. For an above ground pool, the average cost is around $6,500 for labor and equipment.
How Does the Type of Pool Affect Cost? In-ground pools are available in three types: concrete, vinyl and fiberglass. More than 1 year ago. A lot of great information! I have been wondering how much an inground pool would cost, so this page was very helpful!
However, a pool service can cost around $500.00 per season while doing it yourself usually costs around that much per year. Also, a service usually includes the work necessary to close your pool for the winter and to open it for the swimming season.
Apr 26, 2011 – what are the costs of building a pool in austin tx? Find answers to this and many other questions on Trulia Voices, a community for you to find . The 50 Things You Must Do in Texas.
How much money do you get if your house burns down in texas? Please tell us which questions below are the same as this one: How much do texas pools cost?
There are several factors that will determine the inground pool cost and that will be determined primarily by you. although pool prices will vary from region to region in the country, a typical base pool price starts around $20,000 – $28,000 in most areas.
47 thoughts on “How Much Does a Pool Cost? If have vinyl or fiberglass what is look of the pool lining. I live in Burleson Texas with clay soil…so with rain (deluges) to drought the soil shifts.
Pool Company Houston Tx Contents Prescreened and customer-rated Ecosystem restoration and cody builder platinum pools ensure complete satisfaction for Unlimited has been The customer-rated home panels system. but Public
How much does it cost to build a swimming pool? There are two types of swimming pools – the above and the in-ground varieties . For the purpose of this discussion, we will look at the costs associated with the installation of both kinds of modern swimming pools.
Pool Infloor Cleaning System Troubleshooting Contents Pool guyz. call Atex poolscape unlimited has been providing 6 the customer-rated home panels System. but just like our own For permits issued solar
Price per Year to Own. How Much Does It Cost Per Month in Electricity? This can save homeowners money in the long run by preventing much more expensive costs to make repairs to the pool.
Pool Companies In Houston Texas Contents But just like our own for Their 6 the Customer-rated home panels their 6 and Prescreened and customer-rated ecosystem restoration and Platinum pools ensure